幸せのなみだ

幸せのなみだ
Tears of Happiness

Sunday, May 30, 2010

ED


ED

He’s often misunderstood. My classmates (even my lower class men) look down on him because he’s not as intelligent as they are. He’s not an achiever, he even falters whenever our teacher calls him to recite. Everyone thinks he’s a nuisance, a lazy dumb ass that’s why he does not have the respect he must’ve even they’re telling that they do and that he doesn’t. I’ve given a lot of thought about that, but for him, he does not really care what others think about him. What matters most for him, was ‘me’.

I too thought he’s annoying. But, I’ve realized how much I was to him. It was more than words. That’s why I accepted him in my heart. I slowly got to know him better. Be it good or bad. I’ve intuitively known why he acts cocky at school. He escapes cleaning duties but what they don’t know is that he was the one who does the cleaning and maintaining the orderliness of their home. Being a big brother of two, he takes all of the responsibilities and he’s also to blame for anything that turns bad even it wasn’t his fault. It must have been tough for him. He can’t open all of his problems to anybody and being arrogant was his defence mechanism. He really needs a good friend that he could always count to help him out.

My classmates said he changed a lot because of me and I felt good about that. I’ve given him enough attention and love that he was longing in his heart. I didn’t spend my time with him just to fling, I made it worthwhile. I’ve shared him all of the things my mom has told me. I’ve helped him do his assignments. We’ve been together through thick and thin.

We mutually helped each other, definitely no strings attached. But his help made my student council officers feel bad about me and to him. Whenever my mind gets nuts, he was the one to cool me down. He always volunteers to be of assistance even I don’t ask him to do so. My vice president felt terrible. She told me that instead of her, I picked Ed to do the responsibilities that was intended to be hers. She got it all wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment